The VP of Corporate and Field Development is responsible for overseeing six field offices of the Northeast Region. They are accountable for implementing a regional plan to grow the budget by developing comprehensive fundraising strategies to secure support from individuals, corporations, federated campaigns, and third party groups in partnership with the President and CEO. Fundraising initiatives include special events such as the Arthritis Walk, Jingle Bell Run and other galas, along with donations to the annual campaign and major gifts program. This position will develop new relationships, and strengthen existing ones to expand and diversify the funding base resulting in enhanced engagement and support from corporate and business entities. This position is considered to be a key member of the senior management team and an active participant in strategic decision-making.
- Supervises six Regional Directors and the Regional Director for Arthritis Walk and Jingle Bell Run.
- Manages internal communications program to inform and recognize staff and volunteers.
- Oversees the implementation of regional strategies to identify, recruit, steward and solicit gifts from individuals, corporations and other funding groups.
- Collaborates with Regional Directors and regional / local board members to implement best practices for local board and event leadership recruitment and retention.
- Guides local staff and volunteers in best practices to grow the financial scope and participation levels of special events with a focus on walks and JBRs.
- Directs and reviews the preparation of region budgets and activities creating a collaborative environment that fully integrates fundraising efforts throughout the region. Monitors and controls financial growth (revenue and expenses) and the development of reports analyzing net to gross fundraising ratios for implementation at the field offices.
- Researches, identifies, cultivates and engages business and company executives and employees resulting in event participation and sponsorship in partnership with the Regional Directors.
- Strengthens relationships with new and existing volunteers to promote a unified fundraising effort. Develops and implements a volunteer development and recognition program.
- Structures operations and strategies to infuse and/or cross market ‘mission’ into all fundraising initiatives.
- Personally and directly solicits individual and corporate donations and/or sponsorships.
- Ensures the accurate representation of the Arthritis Foundation brand and messaging, along with the effective delivery of programs.
- Works in collaboration with the National Office to improve performance and other duties as needed.
- 7+ years of senior-level fundraising experience and demonstrated success managing fundraising operations and strategies at field offices to secure individual, foundation and corporate gifts; ideally in health related, non-profit settings.
- Broad-based knowledge of fundraising, development programs, cultivation and stewardships.
- Computer literate in fundraising software/applications.
- Ability to interface with high profile volunteers, major donor prospects, and corporate and community leaders in the research community.
- Intellectual depth, maturity and interpersonal skills to foster trust and confidence of the foundation’s leadership and donors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership, training and team-building skills.
- Experience mentoring and supervising staff.
- Significant travel required within the region and on evenings and weekends as necessary.
Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements via email to: email@example.com
Or via fax: 212.984.8728
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please reference “VP Corporate and Field Development” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. EOE
Posted Wednesday, January 15, 2014