Position is located in Washington, D.C.
Under the general direction and support of the President and CEO, the Vice President of Advocacy and Access (VPAA) will utilize expertise in U.S. health policy and a depth of knowledge of the issues affecting people living with arthritis to develop Foundation policies and positions on federal /state legislative and regulatory priorities. The VPAA also advocates directly with the private insurance sector, federal and state policymakers and other allied stakeholders to improve policies for people with arthritis. The VPAA will collaborate with others on the team to effectively communicate the Foundation’s mission to internal and external partners and stakeholders.
The VPAA is accountable for initiating, planning and executing Arthritis Foundation policy positions focused on influencing the private insurance industry, state / federal legislation, and regulatory agencies on behalf of people living with arthritis. The VPAA will represent the interests of the arthritis community in state and national coalitions, and will engage with Arthritis Foundation representatives - both staff and volunteer – to execute strategies related to access-to-care. The VPAA is driven by a passion for policy reform, and is highly motivated to succeed.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
- The VPAA reports directly to the President and CEO, and interacts with staff and volunteers in order to perform in the role. The VPAA manages relationships with allies, stakeholders, and volunteer leadership in order to effectively implement and support the priorities and goals established for healthcare and insurance advocacy and patient access.
- The VPAA works to develop and advance external relationships to improve strategic alignment with key federal groups such as the National Health Council, state coalitions, and Foundation leadership at both the national, regional and state levels in developing initiatives to advance the health and wellness of people living with arthritis.
- The VPAA provides specialized, high-level expertise on the health insurance system, on state / federal legislation, and regulatory agencies, and on health consumer issues; assists the Foundation in addressing complex access-to-care issues facing people with arthritis, and serves as the Foundation staff lead on insurance access advocacy efforts.
- The VPAA collaborates with Senior Management and volunteer leadership to establish health care insurance policy priorities in coverage and access on behalf of people living with arthritis. Conducts public policy analysis to create and account for Foundation positions.
- Works collaboratively with the National Scientific Director and others in the Research Department to help advance Foundation public policy goals by demonstrating the economic and societal burden of arthritis and its related diseases; accomplishes this through developing quantitative and qualitative resources and tools using available government data, published studies and other applicable health data.
- Supports established organizational goals and advances Foundation advocacy efforts by organizing high-level events including the annual Advocacy Summit, congressional briefings, training for volunteers, roundtables, and other opportunities that contribute toward the advancement of the Foundation’s mission.
- Researches and responds to internal and external health policy and access related inquiries, and prepares submissions for the Foundation on health policy; including legislative and regulatory positions, statements and updates.
- Maintains an ongoing review of health insurance plans and the coverage for medication and treatment for patients with arthritis; interprets trends and provides findings and analysis for Senior Management with a goal to reform state and national arthritis insurance policies so they are more patient-centered.
- • Works collaboratively with others in the Foundation as appropriate to manage interaction with patients and guide them on health insurance issues such as navigating the insurance system, appealing denials, applying for disability, etc. The VPAA formulates Foundation policies to assist individuals with problems accessing affordable and adequate health care by providing information, resources, and strategies for accessing public and private health insurance.
- Additional projects and duties as assigned.
- This position serves as the lead of the Advocacy & Access Department, and has management and leadership responsibilities for staff members as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred;
- Minimum 7 years’ experience, preferably in public policy/regulatory analysis experience in government, non-profit or corporate setting as well as familiarity with reading and analyzing legislation and regulation;
- Utilizes excellent interpersonal skills with an innate ability to work effectively with both staff and volunteers, demonstrate tact, and diplomacy that empowers this individual to develop strong alliances, and to negotiate and solve problems;
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to interact with a diverse array of individuals working in government, health/patient advocacy, and health care;
- Demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness; ability to work independently;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively acclimate to divergent opinions;
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions;
- Ability to reason and to interpret complex instructions;
- Intermediate or advanced working knowledge of database management, MS Office Suite;
- Technology savvy, including the use of social media;
- Thoroughly familiar with the inner workings of the United States health care system, including staying abreast of the latest developments in healthcare reform;
- Excellent communication skills – writing, editing and speaking; at ease with, and considered to be an engaging public speaker;
- Detail-oriented with a priority on accuracy, organization, and efficiency;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks; strong project management skill; and
- Ability and willingness to travel as required.
**Please Include Salary Expectations
Submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Apply online: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=8383001
Please reference “VP ADVOCACY” in subject line.
DATE POSTED: Thursday, February 20, 2014
Equal Opportunity Employer