Planning, implementing, managing and evaluating events and programs that bring together corporate partners, medical leaders, community leaders, and volunteers of the community to raise funds for, and awareness, of arthritis and related diseases, the most common cause of disability in America.
- Accountable for achieving the financial goals for and objectives of the organization. This will be accomplished through the recruitment, development and training of volunteers.
- Ensure successful implementation of the Arthritis Foundation’s events in geographic area.
- Actively identify, solicit and cultivate potential donors and Advisory Board members.
- Embraces and empowers our valued volunteer leaders
- Develop and nurture relationships with corporate leaders that will support the Arthritis Foundation.
- Actively work with the Advisory Board Members and its committees to accomplish objectives and maintain the mission of the Arthritis Foundation as the driving force.
- Manage staff in accordance with the personnel policies of the Arthritis Foundation. (Includes recruitment, evaluation and termination of staff)
- Co-manage with the Chief Program Officer the Branch Program Director.
- Adhere to Arthritis Foundation reporting guidelines for all event records, data and information requests.
- Manage financial resources within the established budget to ensure good stewardship.
Qualifications and Requirements
Qualified candidates are highly self-driven towards achieving goals with a key talent of accomplishing results through strong volunteer recruitment and management. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with strong fundraising background, achieving aggressive fundraising goals. Five to eight years of relevant work experience. Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to achieve results through others. Strong time management, project management, event management, and meeting management skills. Ability to cultivate and maintain long-term donor/customer relationships. Ability to assess income development potential in the assigned territory. Ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities in a positive focused manner and remain composed under stress. Proficient knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office software, internet based applications, and computer equipment. Ability to work independently with limited supervision. Frequent daily travel. Evening and weekend work with some regularity necessary.
Anyone interested in applying for this position should send a resume and cover letter to Lindsey Gonzales, Regional Director, HR with “Executive Director - San Diego” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org . EOE. No phone calls.