The Regional Director creates awareness and visibility for the organization’s brand and mission through the implementation of strategies for print, digital/social media and marketing, websites, public and media relations, the creation of collateral materials and strategic partnerships for the Northeast Region.
The Director serves as a member of the senior management team.
- Develops and implements the overall marketing and communications program for the organization.
- Oversees planning, budgeting, strategies for: website, social media, print and digital marketing communications, media relations, and support of strategic partnerships in support of programs and fund development.
- Ensures consistency of message and national branding standards in the Northeast Region’ local offices.
- Oversees and manages the media relations program to ensure communication of key messages through media spokespeople with the ability to persuade constituents about our programs, services and development initiatives.
- Produces constituency-based newsletters and communications.
- Identifies, recruits, trains and cultivates marketing and communication volunteers in the region and local markets to coordinate and implement communication programs and strategies.
- Assists with preparation of media/press briefings, speeches and organizational talking points.
- Other duties as assigned
DIRECT REPORTS: None
- 5 years of related experience in marketing, communications or public relations as well as web design, content management and digital communications.
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in marketing, communications or public relations. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Proven track record managing a multi-faceted marketing/communications program with a minimum of seven years’ experience in a leadership position preferably in a health-care setting.
- Demonstrated success using digital/new media platforms.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to speak and write effectively to diverse audiences
- Strategic thinker with the ability to plan, organize and resolve problems.
- Knowledge of production methods, which includes, but is not limited to printing, photography, graphic design and desktop publishing.
- Experience managing writers, graphic designers, communication agencies, strategic marketing partners, photographers and volunteers.
- Strong project management skills.
- Innovative and passionate self-starter with the ability to think outside the box.
- Entrepreneurial thinker with initiative and ability to work independently to create and develop communication and marketing initiatives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, and digital communication which includes, but is not limited to websites, intranet, social media and e-marketing.
- Understands how to use social media monitoring tool Radian6
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to:
email@example.com OR fax: 212.984.8728
Please include “Regional Director Communications & Marketing” in the subject line
No phone calls please.
Arthritis Foundation Northeast Region is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job posting closes March 4, 2014