The Arthritis Foundation is the largest national nonprofit organization that supports the more than 100 types of arthritis and related conditions. Founded in 1948, with headquarters in Atlanta, the Arthritis Foundation has multiple service points located throughout the country. We're also the largest private, nonprofit contributor to arthritis research in the world, funding more than $450 million in research grants since 1948. The Foundation helps people take control of arthritis by providing public health education; pursuing public policy and legislation; and conducting evidence-based programs to improve the quality of life for those living with arthritis.
The Heartland Region, a local affiliate of the Arthritis Foundation, seeks a Program Coordinator. This full-time, entry level exempt position, is located in our Des Moines, IA office and will serve the states of Iowa and Nebraska.
- Development, implementation and evaluation of Arthritis Foundation health programs and services throughout, but not limited to, the states of Iowa and Nebraska.
- Recruiting, organizing and training volunteers to implement Arthritis Foundation programs. Assists with organizing and staffing program-related volunteer committees.
- Building partnerships with other health delivery systems to increase the Arthritis Foundation's reach.
- Bachelor's degree in public health, health education or related field.
- Experience/education in program development, curriculum design and project management experience, along with program evaluation skills; excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent organizational skills with ability to work independently; and ability to manage and motivate volunteers.
- Access to an insured vehicle.
- Ability for both daily and occasional overnight travel.
- Experience working in a voluntary health agency helpful.
Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please reference “Program Coordinator” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. EOE
Deadline to Apply October 31, 2013