This grant-funded, Full-time, exempt position will be responsible for the initiation and management of programs, services, and advocacy, as well as the recruitment of volunteer leadership and the cultivation of volunteers and donors to ensure mission delivery.
The Program and Services Director will increase awareness of the Arthritis Foundation in assigned communities with the delivery of public educational programs and services.
The Program and Services Director will work collaboratively with development associates in the initiation and cultivation of relationships with current and new program partners, partnering businesses, medical community, Rheumatologists, volunteers, and constituents affected by arthritis. The Program and Services Director will also be responsible for completing grant applications and creating reports on grant deliverables.
- Plan, develop, and implement various Juvenile Arthritis (JA) functions to educate and develop relationships and affinity within the JA family community.
- Work with volunteers to recruit speakers, volunteers and attendees, coordinate logistics for special event activities.
- Assist development staff with engaging volunteers in special event participation.
- Maintain relationships with camp facilities
- Attend any required meetings.
- Work with volunteers and others to coordinate and implement JA camps.
- Identify, recruit and orient council members to represent JA initiatives and advocacy initiatives.
- Coordinate advocacy initiatives to include recruitment of advocates and ambassadors to meet or exceed national/regional standards.
- Collaboratively work with development staff on advocate-recruitment through special events (Walks, Runs, and other special events);
- Manage programs and outreach.
- Recruit, manage and sustain trainers, instructors/leaders
- Create and maintain up-to-date database and files related to each program.
- Track participant attendance and any compliance data requirements.
- Use post-event feedback forms to improve delivery and outreach.
- Coordinate any required instructor/leader trainings
- Provide mission information and family testimonials to help ensure that promotional materials and events effectively communicate the personal stories about living with arthritis.
- Work collaboratively with others to facilitate grant initiatives, and successfully finalize the grant-writing process.
- Serve as a liaison to granting agencies on behalf of the Arthritis Foundation.
- Ensures and provides tracking for deliverables of approved grants are accomplished.
- Work with development staff to build and sustain relationships with medical community.
- Attend medical association meetings and engage the medical community with special events.
- Work with development staff and volunteer committees to meet national/regional standards for mission and advocacy for all special events within the region.
- Develop and manage the Programs and Services Budget for assigned communities.
- Ensure organizational standards for programs and services are achieved throughout the assigned communities.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, health education, or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in a health related field, arthritis experience preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience working with children and their families, and members of the medical community is required.
- Must have program development, project management, and volunteer management experience, and program evaluation skills
- Ability to manage and motivate volunteers.
- Experience working in a voluntary health agency helpful.
- Frequent Travel 50%. Some overnight travel may be required.
- Must be able to successfully complete a background check
Additional Skills Required:
- Proficient in the implementation of community educational/outreach programs and services
- Customer service focused
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong organizational abilities capable of multi-tasking to accomplish results
- Successful collaborative skills working with a variety of groups and individuals
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Previous grant writing experience
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Goal oriented with the ability to work as a part of the team and independently
- Microsoft Office Suite and technology savvy
**Please Include Salary Expectations
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “PROGRAM SERVICES DIR” in subject line.
DATE POSTED: Monday, February 24, 2014
Equal Opportunity Employer