Broad Function and Scope of the Position
Responsible for achieving increased fundraising and awareness goals in Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter as established by the Arthritis Foundation’s strategic plan.
Principal Continuing Responsibilities of the Position
- Constructs, with input from appropriate staff members, the Chapter’s special events fundraising budget and complementary plan of work utilizing the Arthritis Foundation’s strategic plan to establish key benchmarks.
- Implements the plan of work by managing the members of the development staff team and by working in concert with: the Regional CEO; Regional Vice President, Development; and Regional Vice President, Programs
- Plans, coordinates and successfully implements Walks and Jingle Bell Runs in Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Recruits, trains and manages volunteers for both leadership and facilitation of the Arthritis Walks and Jingle Bell Runs.
- Works with the Vice President for Finance and Administration to establish income and expense projections for the special events budget; monitors and reports on income and expenses on an ongoing basis.
- Assesses and makes necessary adjustments to current fundraising activities, events and strategies to yield the greatest net dollar result.
- Participates in the identification and cultivation of major gifts donors and prospects.
- Manages a staff structure that best positions the Eastern Pennsylvania market and Region to accomplish its short and long-term planning objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Five or more years of increasingly responsible fundraising, business management and leadership experience preferably within the voluntary health agency field, and preferably with success in organizing and implementing gala/testimonial events.
Proficient computer skills consistent with using current Microsoft Office Suite products and Blackbaud Sphere, and competency in doing on-line research.
Creative, imaginative and can anticipate and carry out actions and projects on a well-developed, forward-thinking and fundraising production-oriented work schedule.
- Ability to manage staff and volunteers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A valid driver’s license and access to an insured automobile.
Anyone interested in applying for this position should send a resume and cover letter to Carmel Simone at firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior Director, Special Events - PA as the subject.