To build and strategically manage mutually beneficial, long-term partnerships with corporations and foundations that can offer reach and revenue to support the Arthritis Foundation’s organizational priorities.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
Within the Foundation
The Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations maintains collaborative relationships with the Chief Development Officer, Division Vice President, local staff and volunteers to coordinate fundraising efforts in the Ohio River Valley Market serving Southern Ohio and Kentucky. Reports to the Division Vice President.
Outside the Foundation
As part of the market Development team, this Director cultivates, solicits and stewards support from companies and foundations to meet annual fundraising goals within the market. This role includes developing cultivation and solicitation strategies, creating proposals for funding priorities, and coordinating activities with market and regional staff to maximize gift potential.
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY
Responsible for supervision of local staff as assigned.
- Manage a portfolio of corporate and foundation prospects, developing fundraising strategies and taking primary responsibility for fulfillment and stewardship.
- Create customized corporate proposals and foundation grant proposals to meet both donor intention and organizational needs.
- Develop a communications strategy for assigned accounts and create dynamic proposals and presentation packages for new prospects.
- Regularly communicate with staff and volunteers to share progress and key information related to community partnerships with corporations and foundations.
- Serve as the staff liaison for the volunteer Corporate and Foundation Team within the volunteer Development Committee. Responsible for working alongside and managing team volunteers to cultivate, solicit and steward prospects.
- Proactively pursue annual budget goals related to corporate and foundation revenue. Regularly monitor and prepare monthly reports relevant to financial progress, impact and stewardship.
- Foster strong working relationships with Development and cross-departmental staff and volunteers both in the market and region.
- Responsible for maintaining efficient and detailed donor account information in donor database.
- Responsible for attending various Arthritis Foundation events and programs to identify prospects and maintain a strong working knowledge of the organization’s programs and services.
- Advise Division Vice President on a regular basis regarding account activities, effectiveness and results.
- Manage the involvement of staff and volunteers in partner cultivation, fulfillment and stewardship.
- May serve on regional and national teams as assigned by the Division Vice President.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business, public administration, health/social services or related fields;
- Minimum of five years of experience with demonstrated success in corporate and foundation fundraising for a nonprofit organization;
- Solid planning, organization, communication, and computerized donor management skills a must;
- Strong presentation skills, including demonstrated verbal and written communication skills;
- Successful internal and external collaborations and partnership development experience;
- Willingness to work outside of standard business hours on occasion;
- Occasional business travel required throughout Southern Ohio and Kentucky.
Anyone interested in applying for this position should send a resume and coverletter to Jennifer Robinson at email@example.com with ORV Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations as the subject.