Please note: Starting date will be mid-December 2013.
The Office Manager performs a full range of administrative and operations duties. This position handles project-oriented and day-to-day tasks and must be detail oriented, able to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines. The Office Manager is the primary conduit between market staff and with Region support services and coordinates flow of information for the market territory.
- Coordinate, initiate and respond to communications from the public via mail, phone and web/email for information, donations, cultivation and referral.
- Utilizing accounting and audit standards, organize opening of mail, scanning of checks, making cash deposits and providing information to the Operations staff for data management;
- Manage local donor acknowledgement, including memorials, honorariums and other correspondence.
- Become skilled at local database programs (Kintera, Team Approach) to assist with data entry, query retrieval and account reporting.
- Maintain state and local government filings including (but not limited to) – Annual Reports, Licenses, CHC Applications, etc.
- Provide administrative support to staff as determined by Division Vice President, including special events, projects, and presentation building (PowerPoint).
- Provide assistance to the Division Vice President in scheduling appointments and meetings, coordinating travel arrangements and reservations as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality standards and sensitivity regarding communication related to donor and consumer account data as well as market revenue and expense transactions.
- Attend events (mission or fundraising) as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or two years of college plus minimum three to five years of progressively responsible secretarial/administrative experience or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Strong customer focus and effective interpersonal skills;
- High proficiency of computer skills and a working knowledge of email, internet and database functions;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, proofreading skills with a keen attention to detail;
- Good working knowledge of general office procedures and the ability to work both independently and as a team player;
- Technology experience and knowledge a plus;
- Ability to lift 25 pounds and possesses valid driver’s license;
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed and to travel throughout the territory and occasional travel within the five-state Region.
Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to GreatLakesHR@arthritis.org.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please reference “Office Manager” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. EOE
Posted October 10, 2013