Broad Function and Scope of the Position
Provides administrative and development support to the Regional VP, Development and other development staff as it relates to major gifts fundraising. Assists in researching high net worth individuals, corporations and foundations using Wealthpoint and online sources. Prepares stewardship correspondence, expense reports and coordinates meetings.
To increase income for the Northeast Region of the Arthritis Foundation by carrying out responsibilities associated with major gifts fundraising from high net worth individuals, corporations and foundations.
Principal Continuing Responsibilities of the Position
- Provides administrative and development support to the Regional VP of Development and other development staff as needed.
- Tracks and enters donations into the database and updates prospect and donor lists. Maintains donor files, prepares mailings, tracks statistics, prepares reports and follows up as required.
- Assists in researching and evaluating high net worth individuals, corporations, and foundations by preparing prospect research reports using WealthPoint and online sources.
- Knows the Arthritis Foundation’s institutional history and programs to better serve our constituents.
- Schedules appointments for the Regional, President & CEO, Regional, VP Development, and Regional Directors with prospective donors such as corporate foundation representatives, .
- Assists with other fundraising projects as requested
Some college, but Bachelor’s degree is preferred
2+ years of related administrative and development/fundraising experience
- Ability to work independently
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills – proficiency in Microsoft office
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Team player
- Demonstrated interest in a development/fundraising career
- Familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research
- Eagerness to learn development best practices and techniques
Anyone interested in applying for this position should send a resume and cover letter to Carmel Simone at email@example.com with "Regional Development Assistant" as the subject.