The Mission Programs Manager is responsible for organizing, directing and evaluating the Arthritis Foundation consumer health and health education program within their operational area of responsibility. This position requires the skills to cultivate and manage community partnerships, recruit and coordinate volunteer effort, manage program budgets and prepare and manage grants for the effective and successful implementation of mission based goals
and objectives. The primary focus of the Mission Programs Manager is to oversee the implementation of programs and activities within the Region that demonstrate measurable impact.
The Mission Programs Manager has a close working relationship with all members of the regional staff and mission program volunteers. Maintains contact with Arthritis Foundation-National Office Mission and Advocacy functions to maximize opportunities for mission program initiatives.
The Mission Programs Manager maintains close relationships with physicians, pharmaceutical companies, volunteers, foundations, the United Way, hospitals, program sites, business and community leaders and to promote mission program activities and services.
- Responsible for implementing national program initiatives and complying with national standards related to program initiatives.
- Work closely with the regional development staff to ensure training of appropriate special event volunteers to integrate mission related education with all special event activities.
- Assists the Regional Vice President, Mission Programs with identifying goals and objectives, operating budget and other duties as requested.
- Develops and implements the Information and Referral (I&R) program.
- Develops and implements the Kids Get Arthritis Too (KGAT) program.
- Develops and implements various educational programs.
- Recruits E-advocates and Ambassadors for all congressional districts within the region and coordinates the administration of any scholarship awards that may be available to attend the National Advocacy Summit; and encourage participation at this conference.
- Recruits and manages volunteers for mission programs.
- Bachelor's degree in health education, social work, public health, or related field plus three years successful experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experienced in public health related programs/event planning, project management/coordination, and/or volunteer recruitment and management.
- Ability to assist in the development of strategies and best practices for implementing public health activities connected to AF mission programs.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with recruitment and training of volunteers.
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
Anyone interested in applying for this position should send a resume and coverletter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Mission Program Manager" as the subject.