The Managing Director is accountable for the development of relationships with national corporations, with the goal of obtaining and increasing revenue. This individual will work directly with senior management to create the overall strategic vision of the Cause Development Department and will ensure its execution through designated staff and volunteers. This position will also have its own financial revenue goal.
The Duties and Responsibilities of The Managing Director, Cause Development will include:
- Establishing and achieving effective goals for corporate fundraising within the Foundation. The Managing Director personally manages and maintains a portfolio of accounts with a targeted minimum of $1 million in new revenue development per year.
- Developing a Strategic Initiatives Committee to help determine key strategic funding opportunities for the Arthritis Foundation.
- Continuously developing and implementing policies and best practices as related to corporate sponsor relationships.
- Establishing and managing plans directing work efforts for the Cause Development Team.
- Closely monitoring departmental budget as well as all financial & accounting matters related to donor activity.
- Staying fully informed with relevant regulatory and corporate policy issues.
- Establishing Foundation staff and volunteer teams to develop best practices, strategic ideas and corporate pipeline. Contributing time and knowledge to internal training and education programs as a leader/presenter. Managing Cause Development department staff to insure satisfaction of corporate partners, regions/chapters and volunteers. Leading to inspire and providing for a healthy working environment in which to exchange ideas.
- Serving on committees and cross-functional work teams as appropriate to provide a link between Arthritis Foundation objectives and clients that are served (sponsors, chapters and volunteers).
The Requirements for the Ideal Candidate:
- Has attained Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Marketing, Business, or related field.
- Has a minimum of eight years’ experience in successful fundraising campaign development and sponsorship recruitment, and retention.
- Possesses the acumen to identify, target and build new business opportunities to maximize fund raising potential
- Offers a solid ability to recruit and motivate others, to lead and develop talent.
- Has established a proven track record of developing high-performance teams that are focused on achieving revenue goals, and a collaborative working environment of teamwork and trust.
- Demonstrates an intellectually curious mind, and is highly driven to develop and initiate innovative approaches to building an income portfolio.
- An impressive depth of experience in cause marketing across multiple industries is a plus.
- A thorough understanding of the non-profit environment or experience within is desirable.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Has up-to-date ability in the use of business technology, and fluency with Microsoft Office Suite software. (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Comfortable working under the pressure of multiple deadlines.
- Understand fully that this is a sales position with a budget which must be achieved.
- Moderate travel is required.
Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online.
Please reference “Managing Director, Cause Development” in subject line.
No phone calls, please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. EOE
DATE POSTED: Monday, February 10, 2013
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF RESUMES: Monday, March 10, 2014