The Arthritis Foundation’s National Office has a challenging position available in its Advocacy department located in Washington, D.C. The Manager, State Government Affairs, under the direction of the Vice President, Advocacy is accountable for planning and working collaboratively with Regions on executing the Arthritis Foundation’s state legislative and regulatory agenda focused on state capitols throughout the nation. The Manager will interact with Regional Advocacy staff and volunteer advocates in developing, coordinating, prioritizing, and executing a state based advocacy agenda to implement the Foundation’s legislative objectives on behalf of people with arthritis. The Manager has primary responsibility for the oversight of state government affairs for the Foundation.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2-5 years of state advocacy experience or state advocacy work in a non-profit, government, or corporate setting as a lobbyist;
- Strong state government relations and communication skills;
- Strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and high motivation to succeed;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines;
- Ability to interact positively and work collaboratively with individuals at all levels;
- Travel required.
Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Manager, State Government Affairs” in subject line. EOE
DATE POSTED: Wednesday, December 11, 2013
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF RESUMES: January 15, 2014