The mission of the Arthritis Foundation is to improve lives through leadership in the prevention, control and cure of arthritis and related diseases.
There are well over 100 different diseases under the arthritis umbrella. Currently, more than 50 million people (1 in 5) in the United States have some form of doctor diagnosed arthritis, including 300,000 children. As the leading cause of disability, the estimated financial implications of arthritis exceed $128 billion each year.
The Arthritis Foundation is the only national, voluntary, non-profit health organization that addresses all forms of arthritis and related diseases. As one of ten regions across the country, the Upper Midwest Region serves Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin and is led by a volunteer board of directors.
The Arthritis Foundation Upper Midwest Region has an excellent opportunity for a detail-oriented, experienced, self-starter in our Saint Paul office.
- Organize and enter data into Team Approach (TA) and Sphere, our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, for programs, services and events – Upper Midwest Region
- Provide Technology Support – Upper Midwest Region
- Oversee the preparation and execution of mailings – Upper Midwest Region
- Coordinate and Manage Grant Applications and Opportunities – Upper Midwest Region
- Assist Marketing in Website management – Upper Midwest Region
- Manage Volunteer Recruitment Process – Upper Midwest Region
- Provide detailed support services for Health Promotions staff
- Assist in maintaining and updating Upper Midwest Region forms
- Provide support services for all Upper Midwest Region staff as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and work experience.
- Experience managing the technology environment of a small office highly desirable
- Knowledge and proficiency in Windows 7, XP and Microsoft Office 2010
- Experience with grant writing, research and coordination
- Experience managing volunteers or interns highly desirable
- Experience coordinating office administrative duties
- Program and event administrative support experience highly desirable
- Knowledge and experience in Team Approach, Blackbaud CRM programs or similar CRM software is preferred but not required
Professional and Personal Skills and Abilities:
- Proven knowledge and experience with computer and software installation and maintenance, networks, office equipment, and troubleshooting
- Proven leadership, organizational and administrative capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines while remaining detail oriented
- Strong time management and project management skills
- Ability to work well with a team, volunteers, and independently with limited supervision
- Effective prioritization and problem solving skills
- Ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities in a positive, focused manner and remain composed under stress
- Must be willing to travel on occasion, including weekends and overnights
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
This position is a full-time, exempt position. Competitive pay and benefits package includes health, vision, dental, life, disability, 403B, PTO, and professional development.
To apply for this position email a cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to apply is August 2, 2013.