We have an exciting opportunity for a Gala and Special Events Fundraising Director for our National Office based preferably in the Atlanta market. Primarily responsible for driving aggressive fundraising growth for a $8 million portfolio of special events (Crystal Ball, Bone Bash and Testimonials). This position will model the behavior through their work on the Atlanta Crystal Ball. Fundraising growth will be achieved through Event Chair recruitment, solicitation of sponsorship, volunteer committee recruitment, auction production and overall event coordination with a fundraising goal. Works in close partnership with local fundraising and events staff and volunteers, and provides year-round servicing, maintenance and operation of assigned events.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Setting and meeting aggressive fundraising goals
- Monitor and help accelerate performance of top 25 events
- Personally help the Atlanta Crystal Ball grow to $1 million in a 3 to 5 year period (or a like sized event in a top 10 market)
- Ability to provide additional leadership for the Atlanta event while consulting with major markets
- Cultivating, recruiting and coaching executive level committee members and volunteers.
- Ability to coach others to do the same
- Cultivating regional/national corporate partnerships
- Securing corporate sponsorships regionally/nationally
- Securing individual gifts
- Work to create a major giving society tied to special events with meaningful benefit levels
- Cross selling other fundraising campaigns in collaboration with other fundraisers
- Developing with the field a pipeline for new volunteers and sponsorships relevant to their market.
- Develop a national special events initiative that appeals to our female constituents and roll out in 5 key markets in 2015
- Evaluate first year efforts and develop best practices for national roll out
- Ability to work outside standard hours as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Five to eight years’ experience with a national non-profit, or a similar non-profit organization in a fund raising position, or five to seven years proven success in marketing, sales, fundraising or new business development, preferably in a top 25 market
- Knowledge and skills in fund raising principles, practices and techniques
- Ability and experience to recruit, train, counsel, and manage volunteer groups and to develop long range organizational goals and follow through with them
- Ability to lead a team but also to work independently
- Ability to apply sound judgment and problem solving skills to conflicts
- Skill in making presentations to large and small audiences
- Ability to write clear and concise narratives
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 40%)and to work evenings and weekends on occasion
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office tools and databases
**Please Include Salary Expectations
Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com or click here to apply online.
Please reference “GALA DIRECTOR” in subject line.
DATE POSTED: February 10, 2014
Equal Opportunity Employer