The Executive Assistant will work with the President/Chief of IDD. This position is responsible for the compilation and preparation of a variety of complex meetings as well as the coordination and oversight of projects identified by the President/Chief of IDD. The position will perform a wide variety of confidential and complex administrative and technical duties in addition to producing and managing the annual meeting related to the local Board of Directors. The Executive Assistant is also responsible for managing the Bay Area Arthritis Auxiliary (BAAA). The position serves as a secondary staff support for the annual Knowles Lecture (COE) and provides support as needed to other office projects and campaigns conducted from the San Francisco office.
Office hours are 9A-5P Monday through Friday, although this position occasionally requires evening and weekend hours for meetings and events.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus 1 to 2 years’ successful experience working in a nonprofit setting.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, and excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Mature judgment/discretion in handling confidential issues.
- Must be comfortable working on multiple projects with different staff leads
- Must understand how to recruit and engage volunteers in meaningful planning and implementation of events.
- High Level of Proficiency with the Microsoft Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point
- Knowledge of Blackbaud Team Approach, or another donor database, is preferred.
- Positive, friendly attitude; team player.
- Must have access to a vehicle and the ability to travel to serve the needs of the region.
- Must be able to work some nights and weekends
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Must pass criminal background check.
RELATIONSHIP AND CONTACTS
The Executive Assistant maintains a close working relationship with the President/Chief of Individual Donor Development (IDD) for the Northern California Office. In addition, the Executive Assistant will provide secondary support to the Development Managers (San Francisco Arthritis Walk & Benefit & Fashion Show), the Field Relations Officer (Knowles Lecture), and the Regional Development Manager (IDD). This position will also work with constituents living with arthritis and their families, individual volunteers, and committees,
Provides administrative support to the SF office President, local Board of Director and various Committees. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Provide secretarial support to the SF Office President with regards to correspondence, scheduling, calendar, meeting coordination, expense reports, files & record keeping.
- Manage quarterly meetings related to the local Board and their committees; coordinate with venue contact, request Certificate of Liability Insurance, submit check requisitions, select catering, compile staff reports in PowerPoint presentation, create and assemble Board packets for Board Members, collect RSVPs from Board Members, transport necessary materials to board meetings including collateral, laptop, nametags etc.
- Attend Board meetings and draft minutes for approval by President.
- Maintain local Board rosters and files, including member biographies and annual Conflict of Interest forms.
- Work with the office database (Team Approach) that all Board information remains correct & up-to-date.
- Handling all of the above in an organized, timely, efficient manner to ensure the president has strong support.
- Represent SF office President to staff, volunteers, and the community.
- Collect materials for President to present at donor meetings.
Serve as the primary staff support for the Bay Area Arthritis Auxiliary (BAAA), including:
- Securing venues, speakers, food and all materials for meetings.
- Attend BAAA Meetings including Board Meetings, New Member Lunches, and General Meetings/Salon Seminars
- Scheduling, updating membership records and files.
- Preparation of nomination process.
- Maintaining the website and Facebook page
- Providing secondary staff support to the Development Managers on the BAAA Walk to Cure Arthritis team & the Benefit & Fashion Show.
Serve as the primary staff position responsible for the planning and implementation of the BAAA Annual Research & Awards Luncheon (stewardship/cultivation event). This includes, but is not limited to:
- All logistics related to planning of the event.
- Management of expenses and invoicing process.
- Work with the Bay Area Arthritis Auxiliary and the event chairs on the event.
- Recruitment, training and effective utilization of planning committee and day-of volunteers.
- Coordination of all collateral and promotional materials.
- Building and maintaining the event website.
- Identify, cultivate and maintain media contacts and leads for submission of press releases.
- Annual evaluation of event to seek input on improvement for upcoming year.
Responsibility # 4
Administrative support for the Individual Donor Development (IDD) staff in Northern California (President & Regional Development Manager)
- Manage the tracking and acknowledgment letter generation for gifts below $500
- Provide administrative support for two donor cultivation events in the Bay Area
Responsibility # 5
Secondary staff support to the Field Relations Manager on the annual Knowles Lecture
- Updating and Maintaining the physical and email mailing lists
- Coordination of all collateral and promotional materials.
- Other duties as needed to ensure the overall success of the event and a positive experience for participants.
Responsibility # 6
Provides organizational support to the San Francisco office and its staff
- Schedule and plan monthly staff meetings, collect staff reports.
- Manage expenses and invoicing process for Staff Trainings (e.g. Training with 5 Dynamics)
- Collect annual staff Conflict of Interest forms.
- Take inventory of office stationary; order and manage invoicing process as necessary.
- Maintain office subscriptions (Business Times, and Chronicle of Philanthropy)
- Staff contact for a collection of office management duties (A/C repair and maintenance, assist with management of daily US mail, Arrowhead Fire Protection, Got Junk, Shredworks, and energy audit).
- Create SF office administration budget for review by President.
- Staff Contact for Fellowship disbursements; coordinate with controllers UCSF and Stanford and assistants to fellowship recipients.
- Attend and work JBR and Arthritis Walk.
DOE with Full Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, 403b)
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Executive Assistant” in the subject line
No phone calls please.
Arthritis Foundation, Great West Region is an Equal Opportunity Employer.