Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for increasing revenue for the Arthritis Foundation’s signature events. These strategies include national training, increasing the number of participants at a local level, identifying and showcasing best practices, managing the national volunteer committee, and personally consulting with specific major markets to help the Region achieve financial goals.
- Maintains daily contact with Public Relations, Production and Design, Interactive Communications, Internet Marketing and Cause Development departments to develop marketing concepts, materials, training manuals for their given events and any new events they implement or are assigned.
- This position will serve as the team leader for and also follow the national staff team and volunteer committee recommendations in creating the new directions for the walk/run program.
- Works with volunteer groups and trains those groups as directed by the Managing Director.
- Directs the internal Cause Development, Signature event team and external Arthritis Walk staff team and volunteer committee to develop and implement a comprehensive financial plan to insure the revenue and structural success of the walk/run on a nationwide basis.
- Provides direct training and consultation to Region staff and volunteers through personal visits, Region trainings and participation in multi-faceted and event specific monthly training calls.
- Responsible for project management of national production and design team to develop and maintain materials for use by Regions.
- Work with the Regions to successfully implement site growth or expansion by assisting them to designate potential sites and determine opportunities across the Region
- Responsible for positioning the Arthritis Foundation’s long-term strategy for the signature events by gathering best practices and promoting them in the Regions.
- Serves as lead liaison with the Customer Relationship Marketing department regarding the implementation of on-line fundraising and Team Approach.
- Along with Cause Development staff team members, serves as day to day staff contact with walk/run national sponsors to ensure fulfillment of contracts.
- Manage the budget to ensure that expenses are being considered that are the most impactful and generate the most revenue for the Foundation.
- Works with the staff team, volunteer committee and Region staff to identify, cultivate and recruit key volunteer leaders including national volunteer committee members, national walk/run honorees, and national corporate chair all with revenue commitments.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing/Sales or related field plus four to six years of non-profit event experience.
- Must be able to focus their on the strategies to drive revenue of our core events on the national level.
- Must interact well with Region staff and have experience working with volunteers.
- Ability to lead an internal National Office and Region based staff team to insure that the core events are implemented properly.
- The ability to lead Region staff and volunteers to improve upon the success of these events is essential.
- Must be able to coach and lead staff and volunteers since a major part of the job will be internal selling on the benefits of following the national model for local implementation.
- Exceptional consulting and influential skills needed.
- This is a revenue focused position with measurable goals and objectives.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirement to email@example.com or apply online.
Please reference “Director Special Events” in subject line
No Phone Calls Please
The Arthritis Foundation is an Equal Employment Opportunity