The Director of Special Events will be responsible for generating income through special event fundraising initiatives in the Wichita, KS market.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
Within the Arthritis Foundation
Works with Executive Director and volunteer teams to achieve established fundraising goals. Recruits and trains volunteer committees for each fundraising campaign and for other volunteer leadership roles.
Outside the Arthritis Foundation
Cultivates contacts and relationships outside the Arthritis Foundation in order to achieve campaign development goals. This may include sponsors, vendors, major donors, key business executives, civic representatives, and professional leaders.
- Conducting sales calls to corporations and organizations to generate new business and manage existing relationships.
- Goal setting with corporations, teams, and individuals to raise money.
- Working with volunteers to achieve fundraising goals within company accounts and as part of event leadership.
- Develop effective working relationships with volunteers, sponsors & key corporate & community leaders.
- Recruit, manage and motivate volunteers to recruit event participants to raise money.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Must thrive in a culture of accountability.
- Ability to secure financial and in-kind sponsorships.
- Ability to achieve fundraising results.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain long-term donor/customer relationships.
- Bright, outgoing personality with excellent organizational and communication skills
- Must be highly motivated, flexible, proactive. Strong time and project management needed.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision; must be proactive self-starter.
- Ability for frequent daily travel. Occasional overnight and weekend work required.
- Valid Driver's License and access to an insured automobile.
- Proficient knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office software, internet based applications, and computer equipment needed.
- Experience with special events fundraising, sponsorship generation, corporate development, grant writing.
- Experience coordinating fundraising run/walk events.
- Volunteer recruitment and management experience.
How to apply:
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include in subject line "Director of Special Events - Wichita."
No phone calls will be accepted.
Equal Opportunity Employer