Take your career on a mission…a mission to make a difference in the lives of 50 million people with Arthritis. If you’re looking for a challenge that also offers the opportunity for professional growth and personal fulfillment, then I invite you to consider a career with the Arthritis Foundation’s Southeast Region. We have an excellent opportunity for the position of Director of Development for Walk Atlanta based in, and serving the Greater Atlanta area.
The Director of Development for Walk Atlanta, in collaboration with volunteers, is responsible for advancing the Arthritis Foundation cause through the planning, management, and implementation of the Atlanta Arthritis Walk, and the Atlanta Jungle Bell Run/Walk event with a total net goal of $400,000.00. These events bring together corporate partners, medical leaders, community leaders and volunteers from the community.
- Sales and Fundraising - This is a sales position with specific fundraising goals that will need to be met.
- Revenue generation and volunteer management for the Atlanta Walk and the Jingle Bell Run/Walk events.
- Event management and the coordination of all event efforts
- Conducting sales calls to generate new business and manage existing companies
- Developing relationships with volunteers, sponsors, as well as key corporate and community leaders
- Goal-setting with companies and individuals to raise funds an awareness
- Networking within the local area, and recruiting/retaining valued volunteers
- Initiates and conducts a minimum of 10-12 face-to-face meetings weekly
- Ensures that the Arthritis Foundation’s Best Practices are utilized
- Coordinates the tracking of income and expenses consistent with the approved budget
- Provides timely and accurate fundraising reports to both supervisor and volunteer leadership
- Works cooperatively across organization disciplines
- Thrives and attains greatest success in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Has consistently demonstrated an ability to accomplish the most successful results through strong, high-level, influential, volunteer recruitment and management.
- Bachelor’s degree and two or more years of experience, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs and internet based applications.
- Possesses extraordinary attention to detail, highly organized, and an ability to juggle multiple projects effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal, networking, and negotiation skills.
- Prior experience and proficiency using Fundraising CRM software.
APPLY ONLINE TODAY by clicking HERE.
The Arthritis Foundation (Southeast Region) offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
The Arthritis Foundation is committed to enhancing the diversity of our workplace through our Volunteer and Career Staff. The Arthritis Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please reference “Development Director – Walk Atlanta” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline for Applications November 1, 2013