The Development Assistant is an entry-level, full-time position and provides support in the planning and implementation of Denver-based Friends Asking Friends (FAF) events, including the Denver Walk to Cure Arthritis, Denver Jingle Bell Run/Walk, and Ft. Collins Jingle Bell Run/Walk. This includes data entry, team and fundraiser support, volunteer recruitment/placement, publicity and communications, collateral creation, accounts payable and smaller pre-events.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus a minimum of one year experience with event fundraising and event planning.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, and excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Blackbaud Sphere is preferred.
- Must understand how to recruit and engage volunteers in meaningful planning and implementation of events.
- Must have an understanding of how to cultivate team captains and individuals to fully maximize their fundraising potential.
- Must have a positive attitude and embrace the opportunity to interact with many people throughout the workday.
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle.
- Must be able to work some nights and weekends.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to:
Claire Winstead, HR Manager: email@example.com.
Please include “Development Assistant” in the subject line
No phone calls please.
Arthritis Foundation, Great West Region is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job posting closes March 3, 2014