This position will be responsible for the initiation and management of special events as well as the cultivation of volunteers and donors for the events. Position will also increase awareness of the Arthritis Foundation in the community with the delivery of public educational programs and services such as Public Forums, Health Fairs, Speaker’s Bureau and Life Improvement Series. Position will work collaboratively with supervisor in the cultivation of relationships with current partnering businesses, individual donors, corporate and medial sponsorship for the events.
Bachelor’s degree plus two - three years of progressively responsible experience in fundraising industry with a not-for-profit health organization or equivalent combination of education and event coordination experience is required. Additional experience in event management and program coordination is preferred. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and internet-based programs is necessary. Weekly travel as well as some weekend and evening work will be required. Ability to physically move or lift materials is also required.
Skill competencies required include but not limited to:
- A strong working knowledge of fundraising
- Proficient in the development and implementation of community special events and educational/outreach programs and services
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Successful collaborative skills working with a variety of groups
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Previous grant writing experience
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Goal oriented with the ability to work as a part of the team and independently
- Customer service focused
- Proficient in development and implementation of marketing and business plans
- Raise a designated amount through special events per calendar year that includes special event revenue (corporate sponsorships), major gifts, and foundation grants
- Develop and implement business plans including budgets, timelines, and volunteer needs for special events/program activities to include goals, objectives, strategies, and marketing plans
- Establish event committees by recruiting and managing volunteers and serve as staff liaison by attending committee meetings as needed
- Cultivate and manage relationships with current partnering businesses, foundations, and individual donors while also developing new partnerships with future donors. This will include “cold calling” on sales calls at times.
- Secure corporate and media sponsorships and advertising for special events
- Oversee event budgets; coordinate A/R and A/P for special events with the accounting department and meet all budgeted special event financial goals
- Negotiate vendor contracts including sites, catering, entertainment, security, insurance, independent contractors, etc.
- Participate, as appropriate, in professional organization(s) in the community
- Manage special events, programs, and contacts through Team Approach database
- Other duties as assigned
For immediate consideration, please submit:
Resume with three references
To Teresa Buck