Full Time, Non-Exempt . The Administrative Assistant performs a full range of administrative duties for the office and Executive Director. This position handles multiple projects to support fundraising and mission delivery. The Administrative Assistant relieves the ED of routine details. Independent judgment and discretion are exercised in the planning and execution of responsibilities within established policies. Reports to the Executive Director and works with the Development Directors& Program Directors.
- Ability to track revenue and expenses for special events and programs
- Prepare and review revenue forms (e.g., batch header ticket) to send to the Regional office for processing
- Obtain and keep records of petty cash for special events or programs
- Prepare and code monthly expense statement and expense reports for manager and keep track of receipts;
- Determine need and quantity for supplies for events and routine office supplies
- Processing of forms for expenses, etc.
- Data entry into donor database, Team Approach (Soon Raiser’s Edge)
- Compile and prepare routine reports from information readily available
- Post approved content using social media such as Facebook, Twitter or YouTube
- Send email blasts, set up events - attendance, retrieve reports using Kintera
- Constant use of Internet, Team Approach, Kintera, Outlook calendars and AF Connect (intranet) for general administrative use
- Create and maintain files
- Perform simple screening of mail and distribute accordingly
- Assist with event or program mailings
- Prepare form letters, simple memoranda, labels, memorial cards and general correspondence
- Proof all correspondence for spelling and grammar
- Fulfill or coordinate fulfillment of Arthritis Information Referral Services (AIRS)
- Enter AIRS data into donor database
- Assist Program Director as needed with stats collection
- Creating TA events for non-EB Programs (i.e. Trainings, Advocate Entries, JA Programs, Speakers Bureaus, Patient Ed Lectures)
- Update community programs Listing quarterly
- Assist in development of marketing materials such as flyers for lectures
- Registering participants for programs
- Recruit office volunteers, communicate schedule, and assign duties accordingly
- Greet visitors, screen and refer calls and provide routine information to public
- Ensure voicemail is always updated and instructions available to the public when the office is closed.
- Have knowledge of the Foundation to answer non-routine and/or sensitive inquiries or know where to refer those calls
- Prepare all meeting correspondence for Board or Committee meetings
- Coordinate all details with meeting venues including meeting space, food, materials, etc.
- Attend all Board and Committee meetings as requested
- Transcribe and disseminate minutes from Board & Committee meetings
- Associates degree or two years of college plus minimum three to five years of progressively responsible administrative experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In order to perform this job successfully, the individual should have excellent/accurate typing skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; Experience with standard office machinery; working knowledge of how to post content using social media. (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc)
- In order to perform this job successfully one must pay close attention to detail; possess excellent oral and written communication skills including spelling, grammar, and punctuation, editing and proofreading skills. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of volunteers or employees of organization. Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Must have strong project management skills, experience in public contact activities and administrative liaison work; Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
Travel: Some travel may be required to attend National, Regional or local training, events, and meetings
Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please reference “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. EOE
Posted September 25, 2013