This Region-wide position is part of the Finance Department. The Position is responsible for assisting with many aspects of General Accounting including accounts payable, financial reporting, audits, and tax return preparation. This position reports directly to the Region VP Finance.
- Manage Accounts Payable process and documents;
- Manage Accounts Payable Records Retention;
- Related clerical duties including filing, scanning, etc.;
- Perform work required for annual year-end audit;
- Assist with preparation of the annual budget as assigned;
- Assist in preparing financial statements and accounting reports as needed;
- Assist with applications for United Way, Federated Campaigns, and the like;
- Assist with Grant applications as needed;
- Attend and participate in statewide or regional meetings, staff and committee meetings, or events as assigned;
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in accounting or related-field (Bachelor’s degree preferred);
- Skills and knowledge required include ten key proficiency and ability to complete data entry and report review;
- Must be detailed oriented and able to prioritize, meet deadlines and work independently with minimum supervision;
- Knowledge of accounting standards as presented in The Black Book;
- Knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles);
- Knowledge of data entry principles and best practices;
- Strong time management, project management experience;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with limited supervision;
- Must be results-oriented with experience working with and through groups to achieve desired outcomes;
- Ability to lift 25 pounds and possesses valid driver’s license;
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed and to travel throughout the territory and occasional travel within the five-state Region.
Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to GreatLakesHR@arthritis.org.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please reference “Accounting Associate” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Arthritis Foundation, Great Lakes Region is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline to Apply: November 30, 2013