Bachelor’s degree in accounting with a minimum of five years’ experience in accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience is expected. Applicant must be proficient in all areas of accounting including, accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliations, investments, and preparation of financial statements. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices and laws related to payroll, payroll taxes, and benefits. Applicant must have excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines, and ability to work independently with attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy. Experience with ADP payroll systems, and Blackbaud Financial Edge (FE) is preferred. Some supervisory experience is preferred.
Under minimal supervision, prepare, process, and verify bi-weekly payroll and related transactions. Routinely prepare, review, analyze and distribute financial reports, general ledger, journal entries, bank reconciliations and other financial records.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
Within the Foundation
Candidate will have daily contact with Director, National Accounting, Accounting Team members, and National Office department staff. Initiates and maintains frequent and close working relationships Human Resource Department, Director of Accounting, Controller, and Chief Financial Officer.
Outside the Foundation
Contact with outside ADP, banking institution, Arthritis Foundation Affiliates and Vendors regarding account balances and other inquires.
- Review, reconcile and record of all purchase card transactions for accuracy. Verifies proper documentation is attached, only current charges are being paid, proper account coding, and appropriate approval for each transaction. Manage purchase card accounts via the vendor’s online tool, produce reports from the online tool and troubleshoot problems with the vendor. Conduct monthly audit of select employees’ corporate and purchase cards. Document and report findings to management.
- Candidate will be responsible for analyzing and recording daily bank transactions, including preparing daily outstanding checklist and reconciling daily cash deposits. Prepare month bank reconciliation for all accounts. Void all checks over 90 days and contact appropriate staff to determine if check(s) should be reissued. Manage bank reconciliations use the Financial Edge system.
- Candidate will be responsible for accurately processing bi-weekly payroll changes submitted by the Human Resource Department. Candidate will be responsible for contacting staff to ensure timely receipt of complete timesheets to meet payroll deadlines. Export employee timesheets from ADP Ezlabor to Pay Expert and distribute preview and final reports to HR department. Completes necessary documents needed to establish State and Local tax jurisdiction.
- Candidate will be responsible for reconciling select general ledger asset and liability accounts, including all payroll related accounts. Prepare corrected journal entries as needed. Reconciliation’s are due by the 20th day of the month following monthly end closing and should be submitted to the Director for review. Corrections should be made for reconciled items by the next month end’s closing.
- Responsible for preparing journal entries; including bi-weekly payroll (salary & taxes), monthly 401k expense allocation, monthly insurance expense and purchase card charges journal entries (including divisional region payroll and billing.
- Candidate will be responsible for assisting with the preparation of the National Office closing package and consolidation for year-end financial statement reporting and compiling data for the annual Form 990, 990T and 600. Assist with annual electronic submission of 1099s for National and Regions.
- Reviews and process purchase order requisitions as they are received. Confirms that request were prepared in accordance with the Purchasing policies and procedures. Generates and remits purchase order to the requesting department.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of departmental, project and other special reports. Reviews department requests to reclassify transactions and makes changes as necessary.
- Serve as the system administrator for Staples and Offaice Maxx print service. Responsibility includes coordinating the setup of new employee, inactivating terminated employees and requesting or removing location. Candidate serves as liaison between vendor, National, and Regional staff.
- Assist in the development of written accounting procedures and training.
- Other duties as assigned.
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY & AUTHORITY
Acts as a backup to the Director of Accounting in her absence.
Please – NO PHONE CALLS
Equal Employment Opportunity