The marketing manager is responsible for managing marketing and communications initiatives that support the Foundation’s strategic priorities and market key fundraising events and sponsor activities. Position accountability includes gathering data, developing and executing marketing communications plans and implementing strategies to enhance the brand and deliver on mission objectives. Candidate must possess the ability to develop marketing and communications plans that promote the Arthritis Foundation brand, establish consistency and attract more participants and fundraisers to events.
The marketing manager is responsible for writing and editing a broad spectrum of communications material to create consistency in positioning the Foundation brand.
In addition, the candidate must demonstrate an ability to manage multiple strategic initiatives simultaneously.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related discipline required. Minimum five years experience in a marketing or communications role requiring action and decision making skills. Must demonstrate exceptional writing, proofreading and editing skills. Publishing experience or experience with internal communications is a plus. Background in nonprofit environment also a plus. Must have experience with marketing data and analysis. Ability to work independently and manage projects from inception to completion with accountability for goal setting and results. The successful candidate will also have strong planning, project management and inter-personal skills. Ability to plan and manage program budget and expenses. Experience working in a fast-paced environment, effectively directing and implementing multiple tasks and ability to set and meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability to manage small and large budgets on behalf of clients and develop marketing communications plans that support key organizational objectives.
- Develop and execute marketing communications plans for Arthritis Foundation events such as the Walk to Cure Arthritis, Healing Hands for Arthritis and Jingle Bell Run/Walk as well as for other organizational priorities such as Advocacy & Access and others that support growth and build a strong brand value proposition on behalf of the Arthritis Foundation.
- Based on organizational direction, service multiple internal constituents within a client services model to develop and execute marketing and communications strategies and tactics that raise brand awareness among designated audiences and promote the events and milestones of the AF. Develop plans that are on budget and within established deadline.
- Manage day-to-day internal communications developing memos and messaging as well as managing weekly internal newsletter.
- Collaborate with other departments such as Development and Consumer Health among others to execute cross-promotion strategies with the purpose of increasing brand awareness and support fund-raising.
- Work collaboratively to facilitate creative services requests in support of key strategic objectives.
- Oversee the creation and distribution of marketing communications materials to support national and regional needs where applicable.
- Write clear and concise communications that deliver a compelling and unique benefit for internal and external clients.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
Manages multiple client accounts to deliver consistent communications. Works closely with Consumer Health and Development team to ensure fresh and relevant content is communicated via multiple touch points.
Please – NO PHONE CALLS
Equal Employment Opportunity