Internal Communications Manager | Atlanta
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
The Internal Communications Manager is responsible for managing initiatives that support the Foundation’s strategic priorities and internal communications activities. Position accountability includes executing communications plans and implementing strategies to gather and disseminate important company information to a variety of internal audiences and the media. The Internal Communications Manager is responsible for writing and editing a broad spectrum of communications material that align with the Arthritis Foundation brand, including newsletters, speeches, presentations and press materials.
In addition, the candidate must demonstrate an ability to manage multiple strategic initiatives simultaneously.
- Develop messaging and oversee message cohesion for key national events, including the Annual Meeting and JA Conference.
- Based on organizational direction, service multiple internal constituents within a client services model to develop and execute communications strategies and tactics that raise brand awareness among designated audiences and promote the events and milestones of the AF.
- Manage day-to-day internal communications developing messaging as well as managing weekly internal newsletter(s).
- Collaborate with other departments such as Development and Consumer Health among others to execute cross-promotion strategies with the purpose of increasing brand awareness and support fund-raising.
- Oversee the creation and distribution of internal communication and media materials to support national and regional needs where applicable.
- Write clear and concise communications that deliver a compelling and unique benefit for internal and external clients.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related discipline required. Minimum five years of experience in a marketing or communications role requiring action and decision making skills.
- Exceptional writing, proofreading and editing skills.
- Publishing experience or experience with internal communications is a plus, as well as experience developing relationships with media. Background in nonprofit environment also a plus.
- Ability to work independently and manage projects from inception to completion with accountability for goal setting and results.
- Strong planning, project management and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to plan and manage program budget and expenses.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, effectively directing and implementing multiple tasks and ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to manage small and large budgets on behalf of clients and develop marketing communications plans that support key organizational objectives.
Please – NO PHONE CALLS
Equal Employment Opportunity