This position is located in Harrisburg, PA
The Branch Director is responsible for the successful planning, development, and implementation of a comprehensive fundraising plan that achieves measurable income growth annually. This position raises funds through community development consistent with the Region’s Strategic Plan. This position reports to the Division Vice President.
ESSENTIAL FUCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with the Divison Vice President to develop and execute an annual fundraising plan to meet the financial needs of the Branch and to maximize mission delivery in this territory. The plan will incorporate any individual, corporate and special event fundraising strategies;
- Possess a solid command of the Arthritis Foundation’s mission, programs and offering and can articulate the benefits of the Foundation initiatives to potential community partners and sponsors;
- Travels throughout Branch territory as a representative of the Arthritis Foundation to network and build contacts;
- Participate on state-wide committees as appropriate;
- Staff the local advisory Board and is responsible for Board recruitment, training and orientation of leadership volunteers Executed public relation strategies to increase brand recognition in the Branch territory;
- Develop and maintain relationships with key business, civic, political and professional leaders throughout the designated area toward advancing the mission of the Foundation;
- Maintain relationships with business and community leaders, media representatives, etc. to promote fundraising activities;
- Proactively pursue annual budget goals related to corporate, special event and foundation revenue;
- Attend all events within the Foundation for Development and Programs/Services as assigned;
- All other duties as assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree in fundraising management, sales, philanthropy or related fields;
- Three (3) to five (5) years related non-profit experience including fundraising and event planning;
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills are essential;
- Strong time management, project and event management experience, health background beneficial;
- Ability to cultivate and maintain long-term donor relationships;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with limited supervision;
- Successful internal and external collaborations and partnership development experience;
- Must be results-oriented with experience working with and through groups to achieve desired outcomes;
- Demonstrated ability to lead direct and motivate staff and volunteers;
- Ability to lift 25 pounds and possesses valid driver’s license;
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed and to travel throughout the territory and occasional travel within the five state Region.
Send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to GreatLakesHR@arthritis.org. Please include “Branch Director” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Arthritis Foundation, Great Lakes Region is an Equal Opportunity Employer.