"Arthritis is a debilitating disease that profoundly impacts the lives of millions of Americans on a daily basis," says John H. Klippel, M.D., president and CEO, Arthritis Foundation. "The effects of the 46 million Americans with arthritis on the economy are enormous; the direct and indirect medical costs of this disease are estimated to be $128 billion each year. With the aging of baby boomers, the prevalence of arthritis is expected to rise by 40 percent - that is up to 67 million people – by the year 2030."
Moving is the Best Medicine is the message for the 2010 Arthritis Awareness Month. We're kicking off the month with two morning show appearances:
- See the photo of the Fight Arthritis Pain campaign on Good Morning America.
- See the campaign in the Today Show audience.
Visit www.FightArthritisPain.org to learn more about the simple steps you can take to fight osteoarthritis pain.
Arthritis Walks are taking place across the country this month. A great way to get moving for a great cause.
Looking for other ways to get moving?
Need more information?
- Learn more about arthritis: Check out the Disease Center
- Take Control with Exercise: Order an exercise DVD
- Manage your arthritis: Order a self-help kit today
- Need help with pain?: Find resources to manage arthritis pain
- Be inspired: Get arthritis news you can use